<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 12, 2003

I love my days at home. I can't deny it. Me and the cats wandering around the house, napping at will, watching TV, fiddle fartin' around on line, playing with my Sims - for me, I need at least one of these days a week and I'm happy as a clam. Yesterday, I was one happy clam!

However today - I'M JUST BLISSFUL! I got the honor of addressing the congregation at the church about why I love my church. I did this at both services. For those of you that know me, you know it was hard for me to be AT the church by 8am, but I was! I can't tell you how wonderful the response was to my talk! It was so incredibly cool! People who I never met before were coming up to me and telling me how affected they were by what I said and hugging me! One guy asked if I spoke in front of people for a living! Merrideth has decided that I will be a minister or some kind of teacher within the next year!!! All of this wonderful love was just flooding down on me and I was drinking it up like a flower in the Sahara! I couldn't stop smiling! It was just the best experience, and all I did was tell my story. Pretty cool, huh?

Just because I asked them, my beautiful friends, Bran and Merrideth, were there cheering me on! Thank you, guys! I love you both! Even though Jef couldn't be there in person, I felt him in spirit. Rocky, you know I love you more than my luggage! Big thanks also to Jackie and her daughter, the members of my Small Group Ministry, the members of my New Member Orientation class and of course, my beloved choir! Knowing that I had your love and support made any nervousness I had disappear.

OK...enough gushing...I could go on all day! :-D

Today (and everyday) I'm thankful and grateful for God. Thank you for gently putting me at the right place at the right time when I found my church home and family. Also, I'm thankful and grateful for my family, both blood and adopted. You are so instrumental in making me the person I am today and I love you so much.

Oh yeah...I did say enough of the gushing, didn't I? Oh well! I'm a woman! I can change my mind!
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com