<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 03, 2003

I watched the special on Jesus, Mary and Da Vinci tonight and it was rather interesting. Was Jesus married to Mary Magdalene? I don't know. However I have always felt that Mary Magdalene got the short end of the stick as far as how her reputation has been portrayed. I also believe that desperate men will do anything to keep a woman down.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a man-hater. I've been very fortunate to know some really exceptionally wonderful men in my life. However, if you look at history, men will do some of the most vile and heinous things to gain power. Is that what happened to Mary M? Because she possibly was the "beloved disciple," and she happened to be a woman, her contributions to the life of Jesus Christ were all but erased?

I didn't know about any of this until my friend Emma mentioned reading a book called "The Gnostic Gospels." We were only able to talk about it briefly, but she mentioned about the books of the bible that have only been found within the last 50 years. The Gospel of Thomas, The Gospel of _____ (?) and the The Gospel of Mary.

In addition John, a friend at work, mentioned that he had been seeing some information on the History Channel that was along the same line. His interest was piqued when he had read the book "The Da Vinci Code."

Very interesting stuff, indeed. What parts of it are true and what part is conjecture? We may never know while we are in this life as we know it now, but we will find out.

What are your thoughts on the subject?

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com