<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 20, 2003

Is it me or...

...did you see this whole Michael Jackson thing coming from 100 miles away? Poor guy. He's got some serious problems going on even if he's not guilty. I hope everything turns out for the best for all involved.

I'm still recuperating from my NYC trip. It's like I have jet lag, but I didn't even change time zones. I have now officially decided that I like visiting NYC, but I wouldn't want to live there. My sister, on the other hand, would live there in a NY minute. I think my nephew feels that way, too. I'm not sure.

Please send me your positive vibes regarding my work life. I'm struggling here and I have been for quite some time. I know that I need to move along, but with the job market the way it is, I would just like to maintain the status quo until the unemployment rates go down some more. However, our head honcho guy is flying in for a last minute meeting tomorrow morning, so maybe the decision has already been made for me. We shall see. I am trusting that all will work out.

I've started to hear people lament about buying Christmas gifts. I love gifts as much as the next person, but they don't mean that much to me. Maybe it's the way I was raised. Marti, Mom and I never had much money, so we did what we could, but more than anything, we enjoyed being together. We liked having a day off and eating good food.

Any money I have for gifts will most likely be spent (hopefully) getting my nephew from Dallas to ATL and then traveling to my sister's house. Then I will have the best gift of all: spending time with my two favorite people in the whole, wide world.

Thanksgiving will find me going home to Texas to stay with my "sister of a different Mother," Andi and hanging with her family. I am so blessed to have people who love me and call me their own like Andi's family. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they will be there for me no matter what. They are still waiting for me to get tired of this 'burg called Atlanta and move back to Texas. If that ever does happen, I can call on them and I know that someone will come help me move and that I'll have a place to stay when I get there. There is no question.

Today I am thankful for my family, (both blood and adopted), my friends, to be employed and for my furry babies, Fred and Shelby. What are you thankful for?
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com