<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 13, 2003

Extolling the virtues of a Saturday

Wow! What a week. What a frickin' roller coaster ride of a week. I'm so glad it's over. Today is my first full day off since 12/1/03. I woke up this morning at about 5am and tried to talk myself into getting up and getting into to work early. Then it hit me: I DON'T HAVE TO GO TO WORK TODAY! Tears welled up in my eyes as I laid my head back down on the pillow. Oh, THANK GOD!

I won't rehash it here, but let it suffice to say that if I was independently wealthy, or had another job I could go to, I would have sooooo quit my job this week. GRRRRR! >:-(

However, some highlights of my week were going to see "The Last Samurai" with Gary on Monday and going to dinner with Carrie on Thursday. I had a great time with great company both times.

I'm trying to have an attitude of gratitude as I face my challenges at work, but quite honestly, it's much easier said than done. However, let me try to list some of the things that I'm grateful for now: My family: both blood and non-blood, my friends, the fact that I didn't slap someone silly at work, my beloved kitties, Fred and Shelby, that I didn't reenact the battle scene from "The Last Samurai" while at work, I have a roof over my head, food in the fridge, a very dependable and lovely car, and that there were no literal beheadings at work, I am getting to spend Christmas with my family thanks to the fact that someone pried the white plastic knife that came with my lunch out of my hands when I tried to commit Hari-Kari at work(sp?).

There. I feel much better now.

OK...when I first moved in to my apartment a year ago, the girls upstairs were having sex constantly at 2 or 3am. How did I know this, you ask? It wasn't the squeaking of the bed, although I could hear that, too, but the fact that they always seemed to end up on the floor with their head buried in the carpet, screaming their pleasure at the top of their lungs. That tends to wake a person up.

Thankfully, I have either grown used to it enough that I sleep through it now, or they are now celibate. However another noise issue has now come up. They have bought a little pit bull puppy. When they are not home or when they are tired of it, they see fit to put the puppy on the balcony. Puppy doesn't like the balcony. It's too damn cold for a puppy on the balcony. Puppy expresses it's understandable displeasure by barking...CONSTANTLY. Don't even get me started on the whimpering. It makes me feel so bad that I want to whimper, poor little thing. I've been very close to calling the SPCA on several occasions, but 2 things happen: The barking and whimpering stop suddenly, and I think of the show "Animal Cops" on the Animal Planet channel. On "Animal Cops," you see the detectives saying about almost every Pit Bull they encounter that they put it to sleep. There are very few happy endings when those "Animal Cops" come in contact with a Pit Bull. The saga continues....

Two weeks worth of laundry lay in wait for me on the floor. I must go attend to it or risk the chance of going to work naked.

HAVE A PLEASANT WEEKEND!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com