<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 08, 2004

I complain about my job but...

...where else can you work with a woman who looks like Jackie O from the neck up, but Jacqueline Kennedy from the neck down?

R wore this little suit to work today that was SO Jacqueline Kennedy! The only thing that would have made it better is if she had a little pill hat to go with it. When we pointed this out to S, she didn't think it was that believable because there were no brains splattered on the front.

Later, R went out and got her great big humongous sunglasses and with her shoulder length brown hair and those glasses, she morphed into Jackie O.
R was getting into the Jacqueline/Jackie thing. She was workin' it!

Things I have thought about this week:

If I ever have any plastic surgery done, I would have a breast reduction and lift. I don't think my nipples have seen the sun since I was about 14.

When I get married, I want to live in a house that has at least 3 bedrooms: His, Mine and Ours. I would also like to have one of those huge showers with a bench in it that has the rain shower head from the ceiling and the jets coming out of the walls, too.

If you call a goat a pig, have you really accomplished anything?

OK...actually that last one is a running joke with J and I. When we were young and impetuous we would go to "Cruisin' the Crossroads" on Cedar Springs in Dallas. One night, a group of us are sitting on the patio of this now defunct sandwich place. They had the BEST veggie sandwich! But I digress...

So we're sitting there on the patio watching all the people go by and reading this paper. It wasn't the Dallas Observer or the Voice, but some comedy rag. Anyway, we're reading it and come across, "If you call a goat a pig, have you really accomplished anything?" J and I laughed SO HARD...we laughed long and we laughed loud. The others in our group were just looking at us and saying, "What the hell are y'all going on about?" We read it to them, but no one thought it was nearly as funny as J and I. That made it even funnier to us. We hadn't even partaken of any mind altering substances either. Later, J had the saying put on a notepad. That is, of course, the true sign of the staying power of a phrase, you know!

I was talking to a friend of mine today, and he was explaining how he loves to be the person who gives things to people, but he's very uncomfortable in receiving. He said that it made him feel like he "owed" the other person. In this day and age of "You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours," I can understand how a person would feel that way. However, it doesn't take away from how sad that is! I know I have been guilty of this, and I have been working very hard on changing myself, but why have we perpetuated that behavior? If I give you something, I give you something. It should not necessarily result in you giving me something back. I'm not only talking about the tangible give and take, but the intangible too.

OK...there are things that you could point at that says that it is law - that this is the way of the world. For instance, The Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I think some people (and I was one of them) think that if you treat someone like you want to be treated, that automatically means they will treat you the same. Ideally they would, but it ain't necessarily so. You may treat someone wonderfully, and in turn, they treat you like the lowest form of scum. However, somewhere down the line, someone else totally unrelated to the first situation my treat you like the rarest of jewels. When they do, it's appreciated even more.

It's like that Dave Matthews song that says, "Everything I give you comes back to me." The thing you have to remember is that this also pertains to the crappy way you might treat people as well. You treat people good, someone will treat you good too. You treat people like crap, crap is coming your way, buddy.

I guess it boils down to this: Everything you give, will be given back to you. You just can't choose who it will come back to you from or what form it will take.

Alrighty...I'm taking my philosophizing butt to bed, but before I do I'll leave you with this thought: (to semi-quote a James Taylor song) Shower the people you love with love and show them the way you feel. Life is too short to do otherwise.

Peace, Love and Happiness,

Joan
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com