<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 22, 2004

"If you feel incomplete...

...you alone must fill yourself with love in all your empty, shattered spaces."

Wow.

Logically I know this, but this is by far the best way that I've seen it said. This is courtesy of Oprah and is on the last page of the February 2004 issue.

My sister and I recently revealed to each other that we are both scared to death we are going to end up like our Mother. Don't get us wrong. We both loved our Mother, but Mom did not do that well in the Love department. At a relatively young age, she pretty much just gave up. Neither of us want that for ourselves or each other.

I have recently come to the realization that I had pretty much given up for quite a while. It's like my eyes popped open and I thought to myself, "But what about me?" Not in the selfish sense, but in the sense that I've been taking care of other people for so long that I forgot how to take care of me. I felt incomplete. So now I am filling up all my empty, shattered spaces with love.

Not that you can ever truly reach a saturation point of loving yourself, if you are loving yourself for the right reasons, but I am feeling a whole lot less incomplete. I am ready for someone to be in my life. For us to form a mutual admiration society. I love me and I love you and you love me and you love you! How perfect is that! I feel my day is coming soon. The person I am supposed to spend my life with is on his way.

In the meantime, I'm really diggin' Joan.

:-D
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com