<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 12, 2004

You are beautiful...

...and so am I.

I'll tell you. I've about had it with this world we live in and the way we are all so superficial. Did no one listen to their Mother's when they said, "Pretty is, is pretty does?"

So I've been listening to a friend lament about how he is lonely and wants someone in his life. I asked him, "What are you looking for in a woman?" He immediately starts rattling off statistics: Blonde, 5 ft 4 in, athletic, faster than a speeding bullet, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound - it's a bird - it's a plane - it's A WOMAN THAT RARELY EXISTS! OK...maybe he didn't do the bullet and bounding part, but you get where I'm going, right?

I knew it would do no good, but I said it anyway: "You know, beauty comes in many forms." This was met with, "Yeah, I know, but..."

Men! Geesh!

I know women aren't THAT much better, but I'm pickin' on the men folk tonight.

Take me for instance: I am beautiful. I am not "classically" beautiful. I am not 5 ft 10 in and rail thin and perfect complexion and perfect teeth and yadda, yadda, yadda.

I am a big woman. I have dark brown hair with a growing number of gray hairs in it that I have EARNED. I have hazel eyes, long eyelashes and a great smile. I have boobs that I would gladly share with others because I was overly blessed. (Even if I was thin, I'd be overly blessed.) There's nothing about me that is small or average, and I don't just mean my body. I have a big personality. It has mellowed out over the years, but it's still pretty big. I can talk politely with diplomats, but I can cuss like a sailor. I have smiled through things that would make you cry like a baby. I cry like a baby when someone shares with me their own pain. I have a big heart. I have been told that I "love too much." I don't agree. I will love you and be loyal to you until you give me a reason not to love and be loyal to you, and sometimes even longer than that. I want to help people. I want to be a mirror to them so they can see their own beauty, talents and worth. I want to help those less fortunate than me, just like I was helped when I was less fortunate. I have big ears. That's not to say that I'm listening in on your private conversation, but I will listen intently to what you have to say to me. I will keep my mouth shut if you need me to, and I will offer my take on the situation if you ask me to. I have a big laugh. If I think something's funny, there will be no doubt about it. I love to laugh and cut up and tease and tell off color jokes. I am fun to be around. I am a big romantic. I love flowers, poems, or just little tokens of affection. I give great hugs, I'm a fantastic kisser and I'm even better in bed.

How much you wanna bet, that if any men read this, the majority stopped reading after I wrote, "I am a big woman?"

Pity.

One day one of you guys will be thanking God that you have me "until death do us part," and wondering how you ever got along without me.

Beauty comes in many forms...



|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com