<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Gonna have you naked by the end of this blog!

First off, I'd like to say, HELLO DIEGO FROM CHILE! Thank you for putting yourself on my guest map! That was a very nice surprise!

If you haven't added yourself to my guest map, please do so. The link is on the right. Just scroll down.

OK...I'm going to talk about Janet (Miss Jackson, if you're nasty) but not about the now infamous boob shot. Instead, I want to talk about the fact that, aside from when her boob was exposed, she had on too many clothes. She's dressing kind of like she did when she was doing the "Control" or even the "Rhythm Nation" album. The rumor is that she has gained weight. GASP! She's a size 8 instead of a size 2? Whatever will we do?

G pointed out today that is just silly because big butts are in! Look at your Jennifer Lopez's and your Beyonce's of the world! I agree, but unfortunately, the press and society will generally tear you a part if you try to be anything other than what they want you to be. Very, very sad.

G also pointed out that Justin Timberlake's song ends with the line, "Gonna have you naked by the end of this song." OOOHHHH!!! Suddenly I understood why people were thinking this was staged and not so innocent. Sometimes I'm really oblivious!

OK...I know I said I wasn't going to talk about the boob thing, but I've got to say something here. I was reading MSN's little news thingy and came across this in an article: Federal Communications Commission chief Michael Powell said in a statement, "Like millions of Americans, my family and I gathered around the television for a celebration. Instead, that celebration was tainted by a classless, crass and deplorable stunt."

What?

Did Mr. Powell not see the ads that surrounded the Super Bowl? Not the least of which was a Bud Light Ad that shows a horse farting and catching a woman holding a candle on fire, or a Chevy ad where 8 year old boys are getting their mouths washed out with soap for saying, "Holy Sh*%?"

I'm not trying to defend what happened with Janet and Justin. I just think there was a lot of other "...classless, crass and deplorable..." things going on that people didn't give a second thought to. Not just during the Super Bowl, but every day.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com