<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 12, 2004

I really love Fred...

For those of you that don't know, Fred is my 16 year old female cat. No, Fred is not short for anything. Before I got her, I just decided that my next animal would be named Fred. Then along came this tiny little orange striped ball of fur that happened to be female.

Fred can tell when I'm very sad and lonely. I didn't realize this until a few years ago when my roommate pointed it out to me. When I'm especially depressed, Fred does not leave my side. She is either on me or beside me at all times, with the possible exception of when either of us go to our litter boxes.

I left the couch to come to type this and she is already at my feet. I'll get up from here and go to bed and she'll be there with me in a matter of minutes. She'll come to the top of the covers to look at me and then she will settle down at my feet or on my hip for the night.

Shelby, my other cat, is sweet too in her own way. She's been letting me hold her for longer periods of time than usual. She's been talking to me a lot, too. She's a naturally talkative cat, but she's been talking more lately. She's been sleeping on the bed more, too.

I wake up in the middle of the night and I reach out and touch both of my little cats. Fred purrs and Shelby meows and then we all go back to sleep. Despite what it may seem, I'm not as alone as I think I am.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com