<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 26, 2004

Yes, it has been a long time since I've written...

...but it doesn't mean I don't love you! I just have not been feeling like anything that I would have written would have been very positive. I try not to spew negativity into the world if I can help it. This business of being unemployed does not make it easy to remain positive.

The best way that I can describe how I've been feeling is this: Imagine yourself in a pitch black dark room. Then imagine taking a flash photograph. The light from the flash is blindingly bright. The pitch black dark room is how I've been feeling, and the "flashes" are something wonderful that someone has done for me or said to me. Unfortunately, the flashes don't last very long and I'm left fumbling around for a light switch again. I will find the light switch come hell or high water, but it's been a little difficult of late.

I have had so many people that have taken the time to call me, email me, take me to dinner, pray with me and for me. I feel very very blessed. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Last night there was a little excitement here at the house: For some reason or another, my cat Shelby likes to visit me when I'm (ahem) "using my litter box." She'll wander in and jump in the tub and wander around and jump up on the ledge of the tub and talk to me and such all while I'm "using my litter box." I've tried to remind her that I don't do this to her when she's using her litter box, but she doesn't seem to care.

Like a lot people, I have a plethora of reading material on the back of the toilet. Occasionally Shelby likes to jump up there. Well, last night she did that, and apparently the force of her jump slid all of the reading material, as well as her little furry butt off the other side of the toilet. Because it's such a LONG trip to the floor from the back of the toilet, she immediately sinks all 20 of her claws into my flesh to catch herself. However she felt herself slipping, and she grabs into my flesh even more. Finally she drops the "dizzying" 6 inches to the floor and walks off like nothing just happened. Needless to say, after I finished my litter box business, I was nursing wounds from my shoulder to my thigh.

This morning, I woke up and I had kicked the covers off my feet. I was turning over and by doing so, startled Shelby, and I have claw marks in the top of one foot and the side of another.

I hope I don't get "Cat Scratch Fever!" That would not be pretty if I grew a beard and wore only a loin cloth and played electric guitar. If that should happen, please avert your eyes and call for medical attention.

Maybe Shelby is trying to kill me? It would really suck if I bled to death at the paws of Shelby Davis.

Until next time....

Au Revoir, Pee Wee! Au Revoir!
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com