<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 17, 2004

Reflecting on Sunday

OK...I must admit - I thought more of you would ask me questions than the three who did. I'm thankful and appreciative for the 3 that did, but I kept checking thinking someone else would have jumped on the questions bandwagon! OH well! It was still a lot of fun.

This afternoon I went to a friend's house to check on his cat. I left there and headed back to my house and it started to rain. I made it into my house and sat down in front of the computer. I looked out my back sliding glass door at the rain falling. It was really beautiful. There was thunder and lightening, but not the threatening kind. It was very peaceful.

I watched "Extreme Home Makeover" tonight and cried, yet again. It was so cool watching this sweet family be overwhelmed at the beauty of their new home and how thankful they were. Man, I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

Lately, I've been feeling a pull coming from the West. Texas is calling me home. I love the ATL, but I'm missing the wide open spaces, windmills, cowboys and generally, just the place I spent the first 29 years of my life.

Probably about 5 years ago, R and I made a road trip to Texas. It's a straight shot from ATL to DFW - you just hop on I-20 until you get there. It was interesting seeing R discover Texas for the first time. The thing she was most fascinated with was the clouds, if I remember correctly. She took 87 million pictures of clouds.

Will I go home to Texas? Who knows. I am realistic enough to know that the challenges I have here will follow me home. However sometimes it seems like they would be easier to bear in the wide open spaces, with the windmills, the cowboys and being in the place I spent the first 29 years of my life.



|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com