<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 08, 2004

Should we be alarmed...?

I live not far from Dobbins Air Reserve Base. Lately, I've been hearing really fast sounding planes flying overhead. The last time I heard this was when we were "officially" at war with Iraq. It makes me wonder...should we be alarmed?

One day last week, the siren they use to a) let us know that we are under a Tornado Warning and b) let us know that the end of the world is coming, went off like 3 or 4 times. The skies were cloudless. I turned on the TV to see if indeed the world was coming to an end and there was no mention of it. It was kinda weird because if they are even testing the sirens, they usually run something at the bottom of the screen that says the alarms will be tested. So I sat on the edge of my couch and thought to myself...should we be alarmed?

I saw the pictures of the female soldier that was a part of torturing the Iraqi prisoners. I looked into her eyes and wondered, "What the hell was she thinking?" At the risk of being very politically incorrect, you expect the behavior she exhibited from men, not from women. The behavior of everyone that was a part of that situation was absolutely heinous. From the soldiers that inflicted the torture all the way up to Rumsfeld who basically said, "Oops! I didn't think it was that big a deal! Sorry!" I have always felt alarmed by Rumsfeld. That's one scary guy and there's no telling what other "Oops!" may be out there.

Just think - anybody who is currently a POW in Iraq or will become one - their chances of coming home alive are now almost nil thanks to this whole debacle. Did that thought cross the minds of those soldiers hamming it up for the camera with the naked Iraqi prisoners? Probably not, and that, gentle reader, is alarming.

Please know that I realize that 99.9% of the soldiers that are fighting for our country are good decent upstanding people. I appreciate them and will continue to appreciate them. However it just goes to show you how the actions of a few can affect and taint everyone.


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com