<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 12, 2004

Random thoughts out of nowhere...

I left my house today to go to the store. It was dusk, so I rolled down my windows to let the day's heat out of my car. I turned on the radio and a quiet murmur of blues whispered to me from my speakers. I passed a group of men standing together and talking, all of them seemed to be wearing white t-shirts. I drove down the road and consciously felt the wind on my skin. I looked at the fading color of the sky.

When I entered the store, I marveled how a woman's face seemed to brighten up when I spoke to her with kindness and respect. While standing in line and checking out, the lady behind the counter smiled at me as I yawned and commented on how hot it's been. I laughed and agreed with her and as I walked away, wished her a good day.

I chuckled to myself when I saw the look of pure glee on a man's face as he saw that I was relinquishing a prime parking space. As I drove out of the parking lot, I noticed 2 women talking in front of a Chinese Take out restaurant and wondered what they were speaking of. Egg Rolls? The price of gas? The Tour de France?

I drove back home, blues whispering and wind blowing as before. I noted how hot it became when sitting at a stop light. I don't like to be hot. I turned on the air conditioning. I arrived home to my furry roommates, yet again, and we settled in to watch a movie.

This is life in lovely Smyrna, Georgia on a Sunday evening.

:-)
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com