<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Sleepless in Atlanta

Lord knows I tried to go to sleep at a decent hour tonight. However sleep just wouldn't come. The shadow of the tree outside my window danced wildly as a storm is blowing in. Even staring at that would not put me to sleep.

I was reminded of a dream I had the other night of a boy I knew in school named Rick. Rick was a handsome and troubled red haired boy that I just knew if I loved him enough, he wouldn't be quite so troubled. Of course I was wrong, and I learned many heartbroken lessons from that experience.

I haven't seen Rick since I was 17, but occasionally he shows up in my dreams. In my dreams, he is the sweet and kind boy that I knew was in there, but now he's all grown up. He looks at me with quietly meaningful looks that melt me to a puddle. Sometimes my dreams are very chaste and we simply kiss and embrace, and other times I finally know what it's like to make love with him. Either way, I always wake up feeling wistful, introspective and wishing I could contact him in "real" life.

I am realistic enough to know that if I did run into him again, that most likely the man of my dreams and the man of reality would be vastly different. However, being the romantic fool that I am, I can't help but have the fantasy that I show up in his dreams from time to time, and he wakes up missing me, too.

:-)

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com