<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 13, 2004

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEF!

Today is Jef's birthday. He is a very dashing and handsome 37 years old today. Please send him your birthday tidings!

Jef takes great joy in pointing out that I am the older one of us since I celebrate my birthday on July 1. I like to point out that since I'm older, I must be wiser. ;-)

We have witnessed 17 of each other's birthdays. We became friends when we were 20 and have remained close ever since. That's not to say that we haven't had our tiffs, (what true friends can say they've never tiffed?) but I think it's safe to say that we've never gone very long at all without knowing what was going on in each others lives.

The length of my relationship with Jef was driven home by my 22 year old nephew, Eric, when we were together at my sister's wedding. He said, "I remember Jef being around when I was a little kid." It's true. It feels like Jef has been around forever, and I hope he continues to be around forever.

Even though I joke about being the wiser of the two of us, it's truly Jef that is the wise one. He has a wisdom that comes from truly listening to you and speaking from his heart and from his intuition. I can say that I have become wiser as I've moved along in my life, and a great deal of that can be attributed to my listening to Jef. If you ever get the opportunity to have an unhurried one on one conversation with Jef, you will learn a great deal about yourself. He is really good at bringing out the best in people.

That's not to say that he doesn't have a mischievous side. Sometimes he says things that are totally off the wall that catch you totally by surprise. A mutual friend of ours once said of Jef, our friend Susan, and myself, that when we get together, it's hard to keep up with our witty repartee. She would just sit back and catch what she could until our frenzy died down.

Jef and I were raised very differently, however I truly feel like he is my brother of a different mother. I am very honored to have him in my life and to have the opportunity to learn from him, grow with him and have fun with him.

I would like to challenge you: If you know Jef, please take a moment to share something about him that you treasure in the Comments section. I then will make sure that he reads what you wrote.

Happy Birthday, Jef. I love you very, very much.

:-)




|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com