<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, October 09, 2004

Granbury High School Class of 1985

"Raisin' hell, don't take no jive, cause we're the Class of '85!"

I have been having dreams that contain my friends from high school. I'm not exactly sure why except that maybe it's because my 20 year reunion is due to happen next Spring.

I was extremely fortunate to grow up in a small town and go to a small town high school. My town and my alma mater are not so small anymore, but it was when I was there.

I moved to Granbury when I was in 4th grade and I stayed until I graduated. So for those 9 years I spent 9 months out of the year with basically the same kids. Yes, we had kids that moved in and out, but the core group was the same, and we seemed to be pretty accepting of new people.

The thing I liked best was that our class didn't seem to be as "clique-ish" as other classes. Yes, the clique's were there, but they all seemed to overlap in such a way that everyone knew of, acknowledged and pretty much liked each other. There was not much of an "us vs. them" mentality. However, that is just my perception - I had friends all over the school.

I have completed the free registration for "Classmates.com" and "Reunion.com" and occasionally I go and look at the names of these people that I grew up with. I'm a big cheapskate so I'm currently not spending the money for the "upgraded" account so that I can send emails to people or read about their likes and dislikes. However, it's just reassuring to me just to see their names, and know that they are still out there and that hopefully next Spring, we will see each other again.

If you are a member of the Granbury High School Class of 1985, please drop me a line! I'd love to hear from you!

:-)


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com