<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 01, 2004

OK...I know you are being inundated with this plea but....

If you are a US citizen, PLEASE go forth and exercise your right to vote tomorrow. If you aren't a US citizen, please send forth your good thoughts and wishes that the election is safe and that the outcome is positive.

I was watching the news today and they were talking about how they are expecting long lines at the polls tomorrow. I was heartened because everyone they interviewed said that they would not be deterred from voting because of the lines.

I'm planning on taking a lawn chair, a book, and my cooler with a few Diet Cokes in it. I'm also planning on starting up conversations with people in line. This will hopefully make the time go by faster, but even if I'm there all day, I will vote and I will do it cheerfully thanking God that I have the right to do so.

Whoever your candidate of choice is, be kind to your fellow voter, even if they disagree with you. You are not going to change someone's mind this late in the game. Just be thankful that those who have gone before us have made sure that we continue to have the right to disagree peacefully.

Thank you to our forefathers and foremothers: From the colonist to the Suffragettes to the Civil rights movement and beyond. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!

See you at the polls!

:-)


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com