<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 20, 2004

Thankfulness

Yes, I know I'm a few days early on this subject, but I was inspired by Carmi over at Written Inc.

I have so much to be thankful for. I'm an extremely fortunate person. I try very hard not to take that for granted and get caught up in the stupid, little things that bring a person down. I'm not always successful, but I do a pretty good job.

Here is my "Top 10" list of things I'm thankful for: (in no particular order)
  1. God. I really dig God. He and I have been through a lot this year and He has not let me down.
  2. My family, both blood and non-blood. Marti and Eric are the 2 most important people in my life, however I am so fortunate to have several people in my life, (like Jef) that I consider family, but we are not blood related. In addition, since Marti got hitched this past September, I have inherited a whole bunch of new family that I can't wait to get to know better.
  3. My friends. I can't say enough about my friends. I am extremely blessed in this department. This past year with my being unemployed, my friends have hung in there with me and helped me to remain positive and faithful.
  4. Rick. My sister's new husband is a God send for not only Marti, but Eric and I as well. We've weathered some tough times in the past, but Rick gives us hope that those days are over for Marti, and consequently all of us.
  5. My therapist. I don't mind telling you that this has been a year of growth for me. This has been helped by having a great therapist that truly works with me. I have had good therapists in the past, but my current one is a keeper!
  6. Not working at my former employer. I'm not going to lie and say this has not been a challenging year since I've been unemployed - it really has. I also wish that I would have had more control over my leaving my last employer. However, being the firm believer that everything happens for a reason, I truly believe that circumstances happened exactly as they should have.
  7. My cats. Fred and Shelby have been such good friends to me. They have been a comfort to me, have entertained me and have loved me. If every am feeling especially sad or upset, they stick close to me. They are the best roommates ever!
  8. My church. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would say that! However it's true. My church really rocks!
  9. My health. Since I haven't had health insurance for almost a year, it's been so great that I have been a very healthy girl.
  10. My blogging community. Who'd of thought that by reading someone's blog regularly, that you could feel so connected with someone you've never met in person? That's the way I feel about the folks I have in my sidebar and others I've encountered through Blog Explosion. It's really cool to have that barometer of what the rest of the world is interested in and thinking about and realizing that we are not that different from each other.

It's great that we have a day like Thanksgiving to remind us to sit back and reflect on what we are thankful for, but I think it's important to try to be thankful daily.

Happy Thanksgiving - today and everyday.

:-)



|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com