<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Cold, Almost Snowy, Sunday afternoon 

My friend Carrie had a hysterectomy on Wednesday. I sprung her from the hospital yesterday and I have been staying with her and trying to keep her sedentary. She's not the best patient in the world, because she isn't comfortable having people do for her, but she's trying.

For all intents and purposes, she basically had a c-section and birthed a bouncing baby tumor that was 7 pounds! Geez Louise! I'm very thankful to not have fibroid tumors and I don't think our family has a history of them. After several conversations with her girlfriends, we helped her see that she needed to keep her ovary if at all possible, and luckily it was possible.

I went to Publix to get her some groceries. Carrie lives in Buckhead and the Publix here has a very different conglomeration of folks that frequent it. There were ancient ladies very carefully walking very slowly around the store and there were yuppies, fresh from their Pilates class, dashing in for some Soy Milk, and everything in between.

I came back to the house and one of Carrie's friends came by with Squash and Pear soup, a loaf of french bread, some salad, and some pound cake. Carrie's friend is a massage therapist and reflexologist and she did some reflexology on Carrie's feet. It was very interesting, and relaxing, just to watch.

We spent the evening watching TV and movies. We watched "White Chicks." OH! What a disappointment! I was so hoping it would be funny but it was nothing but dreadful.

Today we have been watching all the cooking shows on the Food Network. Carrie has an aversion to the Barefoot Contessa. I kinda like her. She's very Martha Stewart-ish, but cool, none the less.

We looked outside and saw a few flakes of snow falling. It was so nice! It's supposed to get down to 15 degrees here tonight, so we are snuggling in and watching more movies!

I finally have gotten Carrie to lay down for a bit of a nap and I thought I would catch up with all of you. I hope that you are enjoying whatever this day is bringing for you.

:-)


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com