<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

I'M BAAAAACCCCKKK!!! 

Woo! What a long time since I've last blogged! I hope my blog-friends have not given up on me!

What's been going on since we've last spoken? Well, I stayed with my friend Carrie until mid-afternoon on the 20th and then headed home to hurriedly do laundry, clean the house, spend quality time with my cats, and pack. Then Tuesday the 21st, I got on a plane to DFW!

I spent the first 29 years of my life in and around the DFW area. The first time I left was when I came out to Atlanta 8 years ago. It's nice to go back to the ole "stompin' grounds," however it's not really home anymore. I felt such a sense of coming home when I looked out the window of my plane today and saw the Atlanta skyline.

That's not to say that I didn't have a good time in Texas, because I did. I mainly hung out with my friend, Andrea, and her family. Andrea and I have been friends since I was 8, so her family thinks I'm one of theirs - and I am.

It snowed for almost a whole day while I was there! In the DFW part of Texas, that's rare. You might get a few flurries, but not a good solid snow shower for the entire day! It was so beautiful!

It was frigidly cold, however, I didn't complain because after such a mild fall, it finally felt Christmasy.

I got to eat plenty of Tex-Mex! There is something about Tex-Mex that just can't be duplicated outside of the borders of Texas.

I also got my Whataburger fix. Whataburger is a burger joint that mainly inhabits Texas and the surrounding states. There's nothing really spectacularly wonderful about them, except they are something from "home."

Andrea's family was very generous to me on Christmas Day. It seems like I always show up at their house empty handed, but they would think of not having something for me under the tree.

As a matter of fact, many of my friends were very generous with me! I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I have the best friends and family!!!

Outside of Andrea's family, I got to hang out with Susan and Darla, my step-mom Joanna, and the Stockton's. I didn't get to see Holli and Keva this time, which saddened me, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

I got a fun Christmas package from my sister and brother-in-law! I got some of the BEST slippers, a cosmetic bag, and a gift card.

Lesley was kind enough to pick me up from the airport, rather than making me ride MARTA, which was a godsend. My bags were sooo heavy and dragging them on the train would have been a bitch!!!

I got home and my sweet kitties were waiting for me and were very happy to see me. Lesley and her sister Rani took wonderful care of them while I was gone. I walked in to a big pile of mail that included several Christmas Cards and a package from my niece, Amanda and her family! She sent me a really cool pottery cup! What a wonderful welcome home that was!

All in all, it was a great Christmas vacation! However, I am very glad to be back home. I hope you and yours had a great holiday, as well.

I think this goes without saying, but I'm going to say it anyway - Please say an extra prayer and/or send up an extra good thought for the people that were involved with the tsunami in the Indian Ocean.

...and as Tiny Tim said in that famous Dickins story, "God Bless us every one!"

:-)


|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com