<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Straight - but not Narrow 

Tonight I went out to the Atlanta Gay Pride Festival at Piedmont Park in lovely downtown Atlanta, GA. "Joan! We thought you were straight?" you might ask and I would respond, "I may be straight - but I'm not narrow!"

I have a large group of gay and lesbian friends and at least 1 gay family member. I don't normally go around identifying my friends and family by their sexuality, but for the sake of clarity, I'm doing so tonight.

This year the Pride committee really outdid themselves and got the Indigo Girls to play on the first night of the Pride weekend. Not only that, they got Michelle Malone and Doria Roberts to play as well! There was also a spoken word duo that called themselves "The Athens Boys Choir," and "The Heidi Hensley Band."

All of the performances were great, but I must admit to really enjoying it when "the Girls" (as they are affectionately called) came out. I think the best song was when they did "Kid Fears" with Trina, from the band 3FiveHuman, singing the part that is sung by Michael Stipe on the album.

Below are just some of the pictures I took. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did taking them!

:-)
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com