<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 04, 2005

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!! 

I have always loved the 4th of July. One reason is because it's right after my birthday and it's like the whole world is celebrating with me, and secondly, because I grew up in a small town that made a HUGE deal out of the 4th. There was a big lake in Granbury called - you guessed it! - Lake Granbury and there was a public beach near the downtown area and they shot off the Fireworks Display on the opposite side of the lake.

One memory that has been popping up in my brain lately involves a boy named David. David was a handsome kid in my class that also lived in my neighborhood. I met up with David at the public beach and we decided to enjoy the fireworks together. Since every square inch of the beach had a butt planted on it, and it was a scorching Texas night, we decided our best bet was to watch the fireworks from the water. We waded in and chose an area that when we sat down, the water was to our shoulders. I sat in David's lap and we kissed between "Ooo's" and "Ahh's" It's such a sweet memory that makes me smile to this day.

What are some of your favorite memories of the 4th of July?

Have a safe and happy 4th of July, y'all!

:-)
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com