<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

There's a stain on my notebook... 

...where your coffee cup was...

When I was in high school, I had a beautiful 1973 Monte Carlo. It was burgundy with a white top. It had swivel captain's chairs. It had an AM radio and I installed an FM converter so I could get the good stations out of Dallas. It was the coolest car I've ever owned.

About the time I got that car, I met these 2 kids, Jonathan and Jeanette. They were twins and they were geeky Pastor's kids, but they were nice and had a weird sense of humor like I did, so we quickly became friends after they moved to town from Atlanta.

As kids often do, we came up with a game that made no sense what so ever. We designated the road that went around Jeanette and Jonathan's house as "The Triple "J" Drag" and we would drive around this little circle with them sitting on my hood and us singing "Black Coffee In Bed" by Squeeze at the top of our lungs. Why? Well, refer to the first sentence of this paragraph.

I've been friends with Jonathan and Jeanette since we were 15, and today we are all 38. Jonathan likes to point out that I am SO MUCH older then they are since I'm 26 days older than them. Yeah - RIGHT! ;-)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONATHAN AND JEANETTE! Here's to another 23 years of friendship! I love you and miss you both!

:-)
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com