<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 14, 2005

The first leg of my trip... 

I didn't think I was ever going to get out of work on Monday with my sanity in tact, but I managed to do so. I went home and sat on the couch and watched TV. Had I done any packing? NO! So why was I sitting on the couch? I have no good idea. I have this affinity for doing that before a trip - staying up all night and packing at the last minute. I ended up falling asleep on the couch and waking up at 3:30am and THAT'S when I began packing! Geez!

At the last minute, my friend A decided that she wanted to ride with me to Texas so she could visit her sister. I was all for that because it meant I could make the trip straight through without stopping for the night in Jackson, MS.

I got to A's house at 6:30am and we were driving away from the Greater Atlanta metropolitan area by 6:50am. The drive was long, but it wasn't bad at all. We didn't run into any extreme traffic or weather, which was wonderful!

Right before the trip, I received an IKEA catalog in the mail. When A took her turn behind the wheel, I was looking at it and it darn near made my nipples hard it was so exciting! I can't wait to check out the new store!

We got to Dallas about 8pm and I dropped A off at her sister's house. I was then off to H and K's house. They welcomed me with open arms and filled me full of homemade roast beef and potatoes and mac and cheese. OH. MY. GOD. Did I mention that K is an amazing cook? H is too, but K had made the roast beef and I was in heaven!

The next day I just messed around while H worked. She works from home so she was able to sit and talk with me over breakfast and end her day early. She had scheduled herself a massage and surprised me by saying I was scheduled for one, too! Since I was a "Massage Virgin," I wasn't ready for stripping down to my knickers and laying on the table, so I got a fully clothed "Chair Massage." WOW! Was that nice! Afterward, as I sat in a sort of "afterglow" I asked the massage therapist what she learned about me. She said, "Well, have you thought about having a breast reduction?" She went on to explain that I hold a lot of tension in my neck and shoulders and she was betting that a big chunk of that was due to holding up my large mammary glands.

Now, this suggestion of a breast reduction was not a foreign one to me. I'd LOVE to have one, but hearing her talk, I might be able to prove that it's medically necessary and have insurance pay for a bit of it! YAY!

After our massages, H and I floated back to the house and found K resting as she had just gotten home from work. She got cleaned up and we went to dinner at this very authentic Tex Mex restaurant called "Ojeda's" DAMN! That was some good eatin'! I ordered Fajitas and had plenty of left overs even after stuffing myself.

On our way home, we stopped at Tom Thumb and K went in quest of ice cream for all. She emerged with pints of Ben and Jerry's: Cherry Garcia, Phish Food and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

We went back to their house and squeezed ice cream into our already full tummies and K and I made stupid jokes while H rolled her eyes at us. It was great fun!

The next morning I had leftover Fajitas for breakfast, loaded up my car and left H and K's house for the next part of my adventure.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com