<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 02, 2005

I got word from New Orleans 

I have a friend who lives and works in the New Orleans area that I have been worried about since it looked like Katrina was headed straight for New Orleans.

I wrote my friend an email Sunday night and simply let her know I was praying that she was OK and asking that she get in touch when she can. She wrote me an email that I received this morning:

doing ok - busy but often I cry...life is sad for many down here on a good day...these are very very bad days and that is breaking my heart
house has tree in bedroom
very busy helping to organize recovery efforts
thanks for your note and prayers
we all need them down here
I'm safe but what's happening here is worse than the news is telling you


I am absolutely horrified by what is going on in New Orleans and all of the other affected areas. I sit and watch the coverage on the news and cry because it is so unfathomable that this is going on anywhere, much less in America - the richest country in the world.

Yet my friend, who is basically at "Ground Zero," says it's much worse than what I'm seeing on TV??? All I can do shake my head and wipe away my tears.

I am praying hard and sending healing thoughts to all that are affected. I hope you'll join me.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com