<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Shauna Michelle Regan 


I got a call from Jonathan this evening. I didn't hear the phone ring because I was watching a movie. I checked the messages and he mentioned that he was in Ft. Worth visiting his sister and meeting his newborn niece and had I heard that Shauna died?

Shauna? Dead? No!

Shauna Suggs was one of my best friends in high school. We shared a locker. She was President of the Drama club and I was Vice President. We were the one's the demanded that Drama have a letter jacket!

When cable television and MTV finally made it to Granbury, TX, Shauna was one of the first people I knew that had it. We would plan parties that required that everyone bring a steak and a bathing suit and we would watch MTV, grill steaks and swim in the lake. Sometimes on cool Sunday afternoons we would get a group of people over at my house and play M&M poker.

After graduation, Shauna went with me and a couple of other girls on a grand adventure to Port Aransas, TX for a week of fun in the sun. Shortly after that, Shauna seemed to have disappeared and I lost touch with her, but I never forgot about her.

Last summer when our 20 year high school reunion was going on, I really hoped Shauna would come, however I was saddened to see that she was on the list of missing people.

After listening to the message that Shauna had died, I went immediately over to the computer and pulled up the Hood County News and my heart sank when I found her obituary. I had really hoped I had misheard Jonathan's message, but I hadn't.

I googled Shauna's name and found her obituary in the Austin American Statesman which included a guest book that you could sign. By reading the entries in the guestbook, I found out that she married a man named Ron and they had a little girl 3 years ago named Rebecca. In addition, she was extremely well loved by her family, friends and co-workers. Everyone commented on her smile and how at ease and included she made them feel. It was comforting to me to know that had never changed about her. She always made me feel at ease and included as well.

Shauna - rest in peace, my friend. I love you and I miss you.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com