<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 18, 2006

I HAVE IPOD FEVER!!!! 


Yes, I'm late getting on the IPod bandwagon, but it's not for lack of wanting to. I just didn't want to shell out the money for one. However, my brother-in-law bought my sister one of the new IPods that do everything but cook you dinner and mix you a martini, and therefore I got her old IPod Shuffle. My sister gives the BEST hand-me-downs! If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have a digital camera and now an IPod!

...but I digress...

I don't know why this information had never sunk in to my brain before I got an IPod, but I didn't realize that you can download your music to ITunes and it will put it on your IPod. I thought that you had to buy all the music to put on your IPod from ITunes. My head about exploded at the thought that I could get a selection of songs on my Shuffle that was from my ENTIRE CD COLLECTION. A week and a 1/2 after sending me home with the Shuffle, my sister emailed me and asked how I was liking it. I wrote back that I didn't know yet because I was still downloading music. Her response was, "You do realize that's using up space on your computer, right?" I wasn't 100% sure, but I had a sneaking suspicion.

Finally the day came when I made my first download. For those of you not familiar with a Shuffle, you can tell it to "Autofill" and it will randomly pick approximately 250 songs to put on the IPod. I was light headed at the possibilities of what I was going to hear!

I got to work and put the lanyard around my neck and the earphones in my ears and hit play. A broad smile crept on my face as I experienced the joy that is a random selection of what I had downloaded of my CD collection so far.

My co-workers looked at me quizzically as I went through the office smiling happily and occasionally dancing and/or lip synching to the song that was playing. Since that first day, "The Precious," as it's referred to now by me, is always with me.

I have found my bliss and it is within the small white container with an apple on the back.

God Bless Bill Gates!

:-)
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com