<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Flickr Gives Me Hope 

During the course of my work day, I stop and check CNN.com. I'm not sure why I continue to do this because doing this usually accomplishes one of two things: Either I'm pissed at what they think is news, (Did you see the headline the other day that Paris Hilton has decided to be celibate? SO F'ING WHAT????)or it makes me want to crawl in a corner and cry at what's going on in the world today.

When I finally remember that I really don't like being so well informed, I go to Flickr and click on "Last 7 Days Interesting" under the "Explore" tab. This brings up 9 random pictures downloaded in the last 7 days from all Flickr users. If you hit "Reload" you get another 9 pictures, and another 9 pictures and so on and so on and so on.

Looking at these images reminds me that despite the craziness or the horribleness that gets hurled at us sometimes, there is SO MUCH BEAUTY in this world of ours. Puppies, babies, sunsets, parts of the world I've never seen, beautiful smiles, gorgeous flowers and breathtaking vistas - all sorts of images both simple and exotic.

In my head, I'm saying to myself, "OK...I'm going to hit reload one more time and then go back to work." Inevitably, I hit reload another 5 or 6 times, but when I finally close down the window and get back to work, I'm a whole lot calmer and a have a much better perspective on this world we live in.

:-)
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com