<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 13, 2007

I OFFICIALLY OWN MY CAR!!! 

As you may or may not know, I got in a bit of a fender bender in my car the weekend of New Year's. (No alcohol was involved) I put my car in the shop on 1/2/07. Shortly after that, I got the title for my car in the mail. I opened the envelope and looked at the title, but didn't feel like I could truly get excited because my car was not in my possession at that moment.

HOWEVER, I went and picked up my car from the shop last Thursday and as I was driving away, I had 2 thoughts: 1. Damn! My Civic is WAY smaller than the Chrysler 300 I rented! and 2. I OWN THIS CAR!!!!!!YAY!!!!!I OWN THIS CAR!!!!!!!

My 2002 Honda Civic is my first new car. I had a wreck in my previous car and I fought against my feelings of unworthiness and bought what a wanted - a NEW Burgundy Honda Civic. It had 11 miles on the odometer when I drove it off the lot 11/28/01.

I looked down at the odometer yesterday right when she hit 80000 miles. Wow! What a trip I've had in the 79989 miles I've put on the car! Numerous round trips to Texas, Florida, Tennessee, North Carolina - not to mention the every day trips around the ATL. And after the little cosmetic surgery the car had recently, she still looks good and runs good!

I can't talk about ownership of my car without mentioning that I was unemployed for 15 months while making payments and WITH MANY HEARTFELT THANKS to my numerous benefactors, but especially one who would rather I not mention her name, I never missed or was late on a payment. Words cannot describe how grateful and thankful I am that I did not lose my car while I was unemployed. Sometimes it seems trite to say this, but I was and I am truly blessed.

So please rejoice with me that I have a completely paid off car! Here's to another 79989 miles!

:-D
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com