<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 09, 2008

3 pounds lost for a total of 121.2! 

I made it through my first week of beginning to eat without much fuss and still lost 3lbs! Woo Hoo! I was feeling pretty good about that!

Friday when I got home it was 63 degrees. I woke up Saturday morning and looked out the window to see snow! It was a very small amount and didn't even think about sticking, but was still fun to see!

I got dressed and went to Costco before meeting Jef and Orbit Boy for a very informal celebration of Orbit Boy's birthday. We drove around after lunch looking for a new place for Orbit Boy to orbit around. Our conversations are always very interesting and Jef continues to say that we should do a Podcast and share or witty, though frequently ribald, repartee with the world. Of course we would do it under aliases to protect the not-so-innocent! Jef has declared that the true test for my Prince Charming will be if he's able to keep up with and survive a conversation with the 3 of us. So, Prince Charming - start boning up, sweetie! ;-)

One of the things that Jef, Orbit Boy and I like to do is go to used CD stores. It's usually Orbit Boy that walks out spending the most money, however the last 2 times, I've been leading the pack! Yesterday, not only did I spend $31.00 at the used CD store, but I bought a CD at Starbucks when we stopped for coffee and conversation. What can I say? I love me some music!

CD Purchases for the last 3 weeks: kd lang's "Watershed," Lyle Lovett and his Large Band, Herbie Hancock's "River: The Joni Letters," The Soundtrack for the movie "White Nights," A CD called Bella Luna which features the likes of Dean Martin and Rosemary Clooney, Prince's "Planet Earth," Janet's (Miss Jackson if your nasty) "Discipline," Erykah Badu's "New Amerykah Part One (4th World War), Cyndi Lauper's "Shine," Soulhat's "Outdebox," Jen Chapin's "Ready," Nickel Creek's self titled, 2007 Lost Highway Record Label Sampler, Stevie Ray Vaughan's Real Deal Sampler and Christopher Riley plays Radiohead. Whew!

I have been looking for the Soundtrack to White Nights for years! I had it on cassette back in the day and played it to death. So as I drove home last night after my day with Jef and Orbit Boy, I had it cranked loud and remembered why I loved this soundtrack. There is the beautiful song by Roberta Flack on there called, "People on a String" that gives me chills to hear. I know it may not mean anything to anyone else but me, but I just love it!!!

Here's hoping there is lots of good music in your life!

Peace Love & Happiness!
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Smyrna, Georgia Forecast Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com